Thursday, August 9, 2007

Catching Up and Chillin' Out.........

Ok, ok....it's been ions since the last entry,but a sistah has to work in order to eat!!!! LOL! Nevertheless, I'm back! I was sooo blessed to have the opportunity to go to St. Maarten for a few days and just relax. Thanks be to God for touching my friend's heart and inviting me(we'll call him Dr. Feelgood). The island was beautiful. I got lots of sun and lots of thinking done. By the way, this sistah did get naked on the French side of things of course...LOL! I got a fabulous tan and lots of sleep. I was able to make somedecisions that I needed to be solid on for a while now. The folks who know me know that I have lost my passion for my current occupation. For years I've had dreams of doing my own thing,but all I did was dream and talk about it. Now, thanks to Dr. Feelgood's advice coupled with confirmation by the Holy Spirit, I am making moves to go back to school to be an easthetician. YEA!!!! In case you don't know what they do, it's all about facials and body wraps,baby! I'm all about pleasure and getting in touch with self, so why not get paid for bringing pleasure to others? Hold on, that sounded like a hooker excuse...LOL! Seriously, I have had a love affair with the spa for years and even imagined owning my own someday. I know it will be a lot of work, but God is able to do more than I can ask or think. Since I've made up my mind and started laying the foundation, I'm so much more at peace. Yea, the relationship thing was a thorn in my side, but I've decided to use that passion for a loving relationship and turn it on to myself. What God has for me, it is for me. In the midst of beautiful proposals and people falling in love, it's high time I fall in love with me .....again.
God is so awesome! Truly He knows our thoughts and desires before they are uttered. After my mini holiday a few weeks ago, I started watching the planes fly over my house and imagine myself on one of them headed for another beautiful place. Just a couple of weeks ago my awesome, wonderful,generous,kind, and cool friend Dr Feelgood comes through again!!! This time, he's treating me to a trip to Negril Jamaica!! Look at God!!! Now you know a sistah was cryin'....and of course I thanked him after I picked myself up off of the ground...LOL! My friend just laughed...God laughed...shoot after a while I laughed! Not at myself,but laughing because in that instant God showed me that anything I put my mind to(that is for His good and glory) He can make it happen for those who love Him. Stay tuned folks...this journey will get even more interesting. Peace and blessings to you...Get naked!!!!

No comments: