Monday, July 2, 2007

Encouraged to Wait.....

I'm a single woman in a happening city who desires to marry. It's not easy to meet marriage material around here. Sure, you'll meet someone,but is that person worth your time,energy, and emotions? I've tried the whole "matchmaking" thing whether by way of a friend (and judging by the prospects they brought I wonder if they really are my friends) or by way of the new high-tech e-dating. Nothing happened. I've prayed and cried,all of that stuff. When I did meet someone who I had a great connection with,he's filed under "not ready". It hurt me,but that's okay. I don't like half cooked food and I ceratinly don't want a half cooked man!!!

Today, I learned an age old lesson...again. Remember hearing someone say "everything that glittters ain't gold" ? It is so true. A married couple I know is the envy of lots of people...known and unknown to them. They SEEM to have it all,depending on your definition of all. I must admit the material flash caught my eye first. Hey,who doesn't like nice things? Anyway, I found out the hubby has been talking to his ex-girlfriend everyday and whining about his marriage being the biggest mistake of his life. WOW!!! The wind was knocked out of me. I thought how devestated I'd feel to find out that my husband considered our marriage a mistake. I could run him over with a bus, and I feel sorry for her. I know she loves this man,even if it was the flash that got her attention in the first place. Then the Holy Spirit spoke to my spirit so clearly...."this was what you envied? Just rest in Me ,daughter. I know what I'm doing." It was just reinforced what I already knew. God blocked all of those other relationships to save me from greater devastation. Oh sure,if you beg Him enough, He'll give you what you ask for and you'd better be ready to handle all that comes with it. I was able to flash back over all those relationships and see clearly that they were out of line with His Word and His will. Yes, I feel lonely at times and want to be held and kissed, made love to,have someone around to share with and care for. Yet I'd rather deal with a short spell of lonlinessand have peace deep within than to abruptly marry just anybody and deal with a lifetime of disappointment. I pray for that couple and I know that God's will shall be done in that relationship. I've even made the decision to live in fullness everyday whether I marry or not. Man, was it hard laying that dream on the altar! So while I munch on turtle tracks ice cream and play with my dog, I thank God for peace and pray for the strength to hold out.

1 comment:

Babs said...

I can tell you firsthand what it is like to rush into something that is not meant for you.

Very sad to hear about the husband that is running his mouth!